Our Farmstand is opening for the Season!!!
Farmstand will be open Saturdays & Sundays in May:
10am to 2pm, both days
- across the road from 458 South St. (which is 1A) in Wrentham, MA, 02093 -
Stay aware of our happening by joining our Mailing List
SAVE THE DATE: White Barn Farm's Annual Plant Sale is May 21 & 22 this year!
White Barn Farm is a small family-run farm growing fresh vegetables and flowers in Wrentham, Massachusetts. The farmers here are dedicated to using organic farming methods and believe in the importance of growing food for their community. They hope to inspire the locals to eat in season and take the extra moments to prepare wonderful meals for the people they love using ingredients grown with care.
This year, we are teaming up with one of eastern Massachusetts' best farmers, Brittany Sidway Overshiner! She is starting Upswing Farm this year on 10 acres in Holliston (address: 28 South St., Ashland, MA). We are collaborating to grow and market all of our produce together this year, in an endeavor we like to call Superfarm! Having three farmers is way better than having two and it doesn't hurt to have an additional 10 acres to grow all the crops that take up lots of space (melons, potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash). Having such a distant satellite field also allows us to do some more meaningful crop rotation to starve out pests that have built up here at White Barn, cover crop rather than double crop more of our field space, and maybe someday save seeds of crops that can be tricky to keep true because of cross pollination.
You must be wondering, "How can I support Superfarm?"
- White Barn Farm has a Farmstand right on 1A in Wrentham and offers a Boxed CSA and a Farmstand CSA program.
- Each spring the farmers grow extra seedlings in their greenhouse and have a two-day Plant Sale.
- Upswing Farm offers Spring, Summer, and Fall CSA Shares for pickup at 28 South St., Ashland, MA
- Upswing Farm will be attending the Ashland Farmer's Market this summer. Saturdays 9am to 1pm, opening June 11th.
- White Barn Farm sells to some of the best restaurants in Providence - Chez Pascal, North, Al Forno, Oberlin, Birch, Gracie's and Nick's on Broadway, to name a few. Support the chefs that are so supportive of us and make us feel a little famous when we see our name on the menu!
- Stay tuned for more CSA pickup locations - possibly including a craft beer store in Holliston and a cool vintage/artisan collaborative shop on Broadway in PVD . . .