Pop-Up Market: Friday, March 31, 12pm-6pm
I have been trying to spread the rumor and hold off on the official announcement until all of our offerings were confirmed, but it's true . . . it's happening . . .
Friday, March 31st, 12pm to 6pm
- in the barn -
POP UP Farmstand at White Barn Farm
Jordan Brothers Seafood from 1pm to 6pm.
Friday is April Eve! Come on down for a chlorophyll fix! We have spinach and we have been growing pea tendrils alongside our seedlings in our heated greenhouse. The remaining storage crop this year is . . dun dun dun . . . celery root! and it is still hard as a rock (that's good!). We've organized a full lineup of all of our cohorts, plus some new ones, and we will place an order with Iggy's Bakery. It should be fun!
- Certified Organic Sweet Potatoes from Langwater Farm in Easton, MA
- Vanguarden CSA Lehigh Golden Potatoes and whole White Winter Wheat Berries for the most hip tabouleh this side of Portlandia! A true staple grown, dried, threshed, and winnowed in Dover, Mass!
- Mushrooms from Fat Moon Farm in Westford, MA
- Marj Immonen's homegrown Onions, raised in her organic garden right here in Wrentham. Perhaps a few spaghetti squashes, too!
- Sheldonville Roasters Coffee Beans
- Franklin Honey - raw, unfiltered honey (in part from hives right here at WBF). If you live around these parts - it's local!
- Franklin Honey Soaps - experience the fragrance
- Local Farm Eggs: supplied by both Birchwold Farm (across from Joe's Rock down West St.) and our friend, Katy, at Treehouse Farms in Millis
- Frozen Ground Beef from Pat's Pastured in East Greenwich, RI (for real this time)
- Frozen Pork - lots of different cuts - from pastured heritage breed pigs raised by the famous Floyd at Burnshirt Valley Farm in Barre, MA
- Dry Beans from Baer's Best of East Berwick, Maine.
- High Mowing Seeds for Sprouting AND those super-cool mason jar lids for easily rinsing and draining your sprouts without fussing with cheesecloth and rusty metal bands.
- Iggy's Bread baked daily and delivered fresh in the morning from their bakery in Cambridge, MA. Plus sticky buns and croissants!
- Jordan Brothers Seafood: from 1pm to 6pm
- Massachusetts Maple Syrup! from Colrain, MA - Harms Family Farm
New Additions! We went a little crazy on FarmFreshRI's Market Mobile!
- Dried Organic Cranberries from Fairland Farm
- Narragansett Creamery Mozzarella Balls and Plain Yogurt
- Goat Cheese from Beltane Farm in Lebanon, CT - Feta and Chèvre
- Non-GMO Canola and Sunflower Oils - cold pressed by Full Sun Company in Middlebury, VT - from non-GMO seeds grown on family farms. Their website includes some great salad dressing recipes!
- Granola from the Providence Granola Project! Perfect to pair w/ Narragansett's Yogurt! and for a great cause! All proceeds from the non-profit business go towards job training for the refugees that produce each batch from scratch.
- Our own Laurene Hulbig has been threatening to debut her homemade granola as well, so we may have dueling granolas! Now that is crunchy!
Do you see what we are doing here? You can go home with a whole meal plan -
Mozzarella for a Homemade Pizza - Spinach, Mushrooms & Onions all make wonderful toppings - on their own or in combination. Hot tip: Shaws in Franklin has the best pizza dough if you aren't making your own.
Spinach, Pea Tendril, Goat Cheese, Dried Cranberry Salad w/ homemade dressing made w/ Full Sun oil
Spinach & Feta Quiche, Frittata, Omelet, or Scramble served w/ some beautiful golden potato home fries
A cup of coffee with freshly roasted Sheldonville beans alongside a sinful sticky bun or chocolate croissant
Chive Chevre on a slice of French Baguette, topped w/ some coarsely chopped pea tendrils for a delicious snack
Wicked Seasonal Tabouleh - w/ Vanguarden wheat berries, dried cranberries, and pea tendrils or finely chopped spinach
Yogurt w/ a drizzle of Maple Syrup or Honey and a handful of Granola
Pork & Beans
Meat & Potatoes - Homemade Burgers w/ Roasted Sweet Potato "Fries"
Slow Braised Pork served over a creamy Celery Root & Potato Puree
Seafood is the healthiest fast-food around! and you can make it at home. Nothing quicker than pan-searing some scallops or baking some haddock, flounder, or cod. I am imagining very thinly sliced onions & golden potatoes seasoned w/ salt, pepper, fresh herbs and canola oil in a baking dish with a piece of similarly seasoned fish laid on top (a few dots of butter would do nicely), covered tightly w/ foil and baked till all is tender. or en papillote - in parchment packets - if you're feeling fancy!
We are nearly a one-stop shop at this pop-up!
Wash that all down w/ a hot shower fragranced by Franklin Honey's homemade bee-based soap!
You will feel so good you will want to start your own garden!
- Organic Vermont Compost potting soil, compost, and compost plus.
- Organic seed packets for your garden from High Mowing Seeds, of Wolcott, VT
- Neptune's Harvest organic Fish & Seaweed Fertilizer. We just went to Gloucester to pick it up and got some cool swag - so free sticker or coozie with any Neptune's Harvest purchase!
Have we tied it all together?
Hope to see you there! Thanks for reading and being game for our spontaneous farmstands!
Christy, Chris, Graham, & the crew at White Barn Farm