Recipe courtesy of Katie Bingham
½ yellow onion, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1 head green oak leaf lettuce, chopped (mine was sad and limp)
1 ½ cup chicken stock (homemade of course)
1 cup ice water
½ cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
Pinch of cayenne
- Saute onion in butter till soft.
- Add lettuce, cook till wilted. Add chicken stock, cook 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and both peppers.
- Puree in blender with ice water till smooth. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- While soup chills, cook the bacon and make croutons by dicing up a piece of bread and sautéing it with 2 tablespoons butter till brown and crunchy.
- Once cool, add cream to soup.
- Top with bacon pieces, diced brandy wine tomatoes and croutons.