Grated Roots Salad with a Curry Dressing
This recipe is easy to switch up as the season progresses. You can add apples and peppers as they come in and whatever herbs you pick up at the market or are growing in your garden or window boxes. Be creative and be sure to let us know what you’re doing so that we can add those variations to our website!
1 bunch carrots, grated
2 beets, grated
1 bunch hakurei turnips, grated
3 stalks green garlic, scapes, or scallions
3 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp curry powder
2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
¼ cup plain yogurt
1 Tbsp vinegar
¼ cup minced fresh herbs of your choice (Mim uses cilantro)
¼ cup golden raisins
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl whisk together all of the ingredients save for the grated roots and the raisins. Task your dressing to see if you like it, adjusting as needed.
2. Add the grated roots and toss the salad, adding the raisins at the end.
• Add 1/3 cup crumbled cheese, toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds or nuts to the salad
• Serve with cooked quinoa mixed into the salad
• Chop a hot pepper up and add it to the salad for an extra kick!